MLC Academy operates several Arts Awards for young people from the age of 5 to 25.
MLC Academy Arts Award Discover
Arts Award Discover is an introductory award open to children aged 5 years and above. To achieve an Arts Award Discover, children and young people collect evidence in an individual arts log of their experiences of:
- Participating in arts activities
- Researching artists and their work
- Sharing their arts discoveries
Sesame street Music Works
An introduction to Music for 3 to 5 year olds Sesame Street Music Works is a fun-filled and informative programme exclusive to MLC-Academy. Aimed at 3 to 5 year old children, the programme encourages children to explore, create and grow with
music, it can also contribute to the first Arts Award ‘Discover’.
Watch the “Music Works Wonders” DVD together with our trained program leader to see some of your favorite Sesame Street Characters! Stomp your feet, clap your hands, sing, hum and dance! Get caught up in the joy of making music and continue the experience online with Leading Nottingham music school, MLC - Academy and Sesame Street Music Works.
MLC Academy Arts Award Bronze
- The Musician
- Musical Theatre
Bronze Arts Award is a Level 1 qualification on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and is open to young people aged from 11to 25. To achieve a Bronze Arts Award, young people collect evidence in an individual arts log or portfolio of their experiences of:
- Actively participating in any art form
- At least one arts event as an audience member
- Researching the career and work of an artist
craftsperson that inspires them
- Passing on an arts skill
MLC Academy Arts Award Silver
Silver Arts Award is a Level 2 qualification on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and is open to young people aged 11 to 25. To achieve a Silver Arts Award, young people collect evidence in an individual arts portfolio of their experiences.
- Arts practice and pathways
- Identifying and planning an arts challenge
- Implementing and reviewing the arts challenge
- Reviewing arts events and sharing their views
- Undertaking arts research
- Identifying a leadership role and planning the project’s aims
- Planning the practical issues
- Being an effective arts leader
- Working effectively with others
- Reviewing their project and leadership role
MLC Academy Arts Award courses are wide ranging and a lot of fun.
- Actively participate in an art form
- Attend at least one arts event as an audience member
- Research the career and work of an artist crafts person that inspires you
- Pass on an arts skill to another person
- Study in a state of the school with like minded individuals
- Work in a group
- Graduate with a live performance