MLC Academy Arts Award Silver
- 60 hours of guided learning
- 60 hours of independent learning
- Work in a group
- Actively participate in any art form
- MLC Academy Silver Arts Award is open to young people aged from 11 to 25 though typically attendees are 14 and above
About the course
- Arts practice and pathways
- Identifying and planning an arts challenge
- Implementing and reviewing the arts challenge
- Reviewing arts events and sharing their views
- Undertaking arts research
Following successful completion of a Bronze Arts Award, participants are encouraged to continue their journey within each chosen art form by taking part in the Silver Arts Award Course hosted by MLC Academy.
Having chosen and taken part in at least one art form at the Bronze level, each student will develop their skills further, and ultimately be assessed, across two units worth of criteria.
Unit one requires the young people to create an arts portfolio that demonstrates progression within a chosen art form both practically and theoretically by physically taking part in their art form and conducting further research into the arts. This will include continued research into their favourite artists whilst also witnessing and reviewing numerous arts events.
Unit two requires students to create a portfolio demonstrating their ability and growth as an arts leader. Participants will develop valuable leadership skills by planning, implementing and ultimately reviewing their own arts event.
The portfolios created by each student will be unique and may not be solely in written form. At Silver level, each participant is given the opportunity to create their own body of work and evidence the work through a number of digital mediums allowing even more creative control to their own personal growth.
The Silver Arts Award course is a Level 2 qualification on the regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and is set over 20 weeks of contact time. Once begun, each course will follow the academic calendar with breaks during school/college half terms. Students are required to undertake a minimum of 1-2 hours per week of independent learning.
Sign up today
- MLC Academy Arts Award Silver costs £649.00 and is payable either in one instalment or five, monthly payments of £149.99. Payments will be automatically taken from your credit/debit card.
- Next course date: Commences 14th September 2019. The course follows the academic year and therefore does not run during school holidays.
- Timetable: 10am - 1pm Saturdays